My approach is based on the most up-to-date pain neuroscience education and uses a unique blend of tools to help you feel your best. This includes a comprehensive health assessment and wholistic (whole body/mind/spirit) recommendations to improve your mindset and lifestyle. In many ways I serve as a coach to help spot and resolve hidden issues that may be impacting your pain.
Want to learn how different areas of your health can impact your pelvic pain?
Understanding why you hurt requires looking at the whole you, your brain, nerves, other bodily systems, your thoughts, beliefs, values, people in your life, what you've been told and even what you do and where you go. All the parts that make up who you are and how you function interact at the same time. It's kinda like baking a cake- all the ingredients need to interact at the same time so you can enjoy fluffy deliciousness once it's done.
Examples of things we might cover include:
- Education about the brain on pain and how this impacts your healing process
- The role your immune system plays in experiencing pain
- Explore ways to reduce unhealthy language, thoughts and behaviors that perpetuate pain
- How gut bacteria imbalances impact your mood, function, and pain
- Importance of belly breathing for stress and the nervous system
- Healthy diet and lifestyle for each of your body's systems
- Building a web of support to help you reach your goals
- Exploring other aspects of your life (like environment, relationships, stress, sexuality, mental resilience, etc.) that can impact your physical and mental well-being
- Health and lifestyle coaching to discover your body's own unique set of keys necessary to unlock your healing potential
- Mind-body mentoring
- Body work tailored to meet your specific needs
Visceral therapy holds a special place in my heart.
After suffering from swallowing difficulties for over a year, visceral therapy helped me get back to eating out with my friends again without fear that I’d choke on my food. I was hooked after the first class and spent the next five years studying visceral manipulation so that I can help you get back to living your life again.
What is it?
The term ‘viscera’ means your internal organs such as your liver, heart, kidneys. Visceral Manipulation (VM) is a gentle, advanced manual therapy technique that helps re-establish normal function of organs and surrounding musculoskeletal structures to decrease abnormal compensations causing dysfunction and pain.
As a visceral manipulation practitioner, I’ve gone through extensive hands-on training to perform the skills necessary to deliver visceral manipulation effectively.
The techniques and concepts focus on ‘listening’ to your body to find underlying restrictions and areas of tension.
- Treats your whole body and not just your symptoms
- Is a unique art and style of treating your body by respecting your tissues and trusting in your body’s wisdom to heal itself
- Helps create an environment ideal for your body to heal
How can VM help you?
- Aids your body’s ability to get rid of unhealthy compensations, restrictions, and abdominal adhesions/scars
- Specific to your body’s needs on any particular day
- Enhances communication with the brain and the body to restore tissue health and function
- Gives you an understanding of how your body systems work together for optimal health
- Never the same old treatment routine
VM can benefit the following complaints:
This IS for you if…
- You’re in my 6 Day Hands-On Training Program™ and want to receive a full body treatment without worrying about taking copious notes.
- You’ve seen me in the past and want a tune-up.
- You value taking care of your body and your health.
- You're ready to explore fears that are holding you back from feeling your best.
This is NOT for you if…
- We’ve never met or gone through an initial consultation session first.
- You’re looking for an “easy fix.”
- Evaluating your private areas is NOT an option
Schedule an Appointment
Sick of taking pills for your acid reflux? Maybe it’s time to try something different. Check out how visceral therapy saved my life.