Visceral therapy holds a special place in my heart.
After suffering from swallowing difficulties for over a year, visceral therapy helped me get back to eating out with my friends again without fear that I’d choke on my food. I was hooked after the first class and spent the next five years studying visceral manipulation so that I can help you get back to living your life again.
What is it?
The term ‘viscera’ means your internal organs such as your liver, heart, kidneys. Visceral Manipulation (VM) is a gentle, advanced manual therapy technique that helps re-establish normal function of organs and surrounding musculoskeletal structures to decrease abnormal compensations causing dysfunction and pain.
As a visceral manipulation practitioner, I’ve gone through extensive hands-on training to perform the skills necessary to deliver visceral manipulation effectively.
The techniques and concepts focus on ‘listening’ to your body to find underlying restrictions and areas of tension.
- Treats your whole body and not just your symptoms.
- Is a unique art and style of treating your body by respecting your tissues and trusting in your body’s wisdom to heal itself.
- Helps create an environment ideal for your body to heal.
How can VM help you?
- Aids your body’s ability to get rid of unhealthy compensations, restrictions, and abdominal adhesions/scars
- Specific to your body’s needs on any particular day
- Enhances communication with the brain and the body to restore tissue health and function
- Gives you an understanding of how your body systems work together for optimal health
- Never the same old treatment routine
VM can benefit the following complaints:
schedule an appointment
Sick of taking pills for your acid reflux? Maybe it’s time to try something different. Check out how visceral therapy saved my life.